Oaxaca is famous for its food and potent mezcal!
Some of our culinary highlights included:
- tamales, filled with chicken and black mole (a delicious chili based sauce with a hint of chocolate);
- mole chicken (in red and black mole sauce);
- the fun Grilled Meat Hall at the Mercado 20 de Noviembre;
- tlayudas (giant tacos topped with meat) at Cenaduría Tlayudas Libres; and
- David quite enjoyed his entree serve of Memelitas con Chapulines y Gusanos de Maguey (Small tortillas topped with fresh cheese, string cheese, agave worms and grasshoppers)!
The Mezcal tastings and the hot chocolate at the Oaxacan Coffee Company were also very good!